Disqus has totally changed and socialized the blog commenting. It’s easy to use nature, social features, moderation ease and more made it the most used commenting system by the bloggers.
It has surpassed its revivals like livefyre, IntenseDebate, CommentLuv. If you are looking for a third party comments system for your blogger blog then the Disqus comments is your best alternative.
See the list of the features that Disqus offers and then makeup your mind about using it in your Blogger blog.
How to Install Disqus Comments in Blogger Blog
Make a backup copy of your blogger template in case you want to undo the Disqus comments. Now follow the instructions below;
- Log in or Sign up to Disqus.
- Go to disqus.com/admin/create.
- Here, enter your site name, choose a unique Disqus URL, select a category and click ‘Finish Registration’.
- On the next page select the Blogger platform.
- Now click on “Add Disqus for Blogger to my Blogger site”.
- On the opened page/window for adding a Blogger widget; select a blog, give a title to the widget and do not make any other changes. Then click on “Add widget”.
How to Import Blogger Comments to Disqus Comments
You have added the Disqus but what about the comments made using the default Blogger comment system. The visitors made those comments which helped your site and you can just delete them or forget them. So you should import the comments from the Blogger.
Keeping this in mind the Disqus has made it easy to import the Blogger comments. Follow the instructions below;
- Log in to Disqus and go to the moderation page of your blog’s Disqus comments ( the URL that you set in creating the comments for the Blogger blog/website).
- Click on Discussions > Import.
- One the page click Blogger > click on ‘Import comments from Blogger’ button.
- Click ‘Grant Access’ on the next page.
- On the next page select your blogger blog and click import button.
Disqus comments in one of the most popular choice for outsourcing your blog’s comments to a third party service. If you require any help or have any question do put them forward using the comments.