For the job or personal work, you use Microsoft Word (those files ending with .doc/.docx) to write important documents and save them.
These are more often contains sensitive information and will create a problem if it falls into wrong hands.
Rather than worrying about it, you can just simply add a password to the file and stay safe.
This video below shows how can you do this. Also, read the instructions below.
To add a password to MS Word file:-
- Open your desired MS Word(.doc/.docx) file.
- Click “File” tab in the top right corner.
- Under “Info” (find and click on info tab on the left if required), find “Protect Document” and click it.
- Click “Encrypt with Password”.
- Enter your desired password and click OK. Re-enter your password and click OK.
- Now save your file (Click Save button/ Hit CTRL+S on the keyboard/ go to File>Save).
That’s it. The password is set. Now every time you try to open the file, it will ask the password.
Remember to save your password in a secure place. So when you forget it you can find the password and open the file.